Reduce the Rancor
a Free Community Forum on Civility in Collier County
February 7, 2024, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Naples United Church of Christ
5200 Crayton Road, Naples, 34103
Tired of seeing local meetings disrupted by people shouting and denigrating others?
Wish you could talk to friends and relatives about issues you disagree about?
You are not alone. A recent survey showed that nearly 90% of your neighbors are concerned about the rise of incivility and blame social media, news media, and politicians for much of it. The good news is that there are things you and your group can do to reduce incivility.
Please attend the free GNL Forum that will offer insights into the problems, impacts and possible solutions to better our community. The speakers are:
· Moderator, Mike Kiniry of WGCU
· The Honorable Dick Gephardt, Former U.S. Congressman
· The Honorable Francis Rooney, Former U.S. Congressman
· Andy Solis – Former Collier County Commissioner
· Nick Penniman IV – retired newspaper publisher
· Tim Love – Author, “Discovering Truth”
· Rev. Dr. Sharon Harris Ewing, SWFL Interfaith Alliance
· Dr. Gunther Winkler, President of Greater Naples Leadership
Presented by Greater Naples Leadership and co-sponsored by Naples United Church of Christ, the League of Women Voters of Collier County, and the Naples Airport Authority
Registration is FREE! Please fill out the form below to register and receive updates on the forum.
This event has reached capacity.