The largest class ever (25 women/18 men) assembled at Club Mediterra to launch Masters Class XVII.
By any standard it was an outstanding day supported by the Class Leadership Team, President Sheila Clarke, President Elect John Hannsz and four GNL vice presidents.
Following are some of the highlights of the day:
- Each class member introduced him/herself providing insights into career positions and accomplishments. The quality of the introductions was excellent (and within the time limits).
- A great deal was learned from the “What do you expect from this Masters Class?” exercise carried out by the class in five discussion groups.
- President Clarke challenged the class to establish a name which would exceed or match those of recent classes: Perfect 10, Ultimate and Supreme XVI. Class XVII has picked up the challenge.
- Jeanne Bolds, Mollie Ottina, Willie Gorke and Julie-Belle White Newman introduced the class to the important aspects of GNL beyond the Masters Class experience.
- Fourteen board members joined the end of day reception to meet the class on an individual basis.
- The class exhibited spirit and great interest in the GNL mission and already has begun to bond as a group.
The Class Leadership Team is looking forward to an exciting year, working with this group of 43 leaders.